Elsa Arteaga is the academic advisor for all undergraduate majors and minors in Hispanic and Italian Studies.
Students interested in majoring or minoring in Spanish should:
- consult with the Director of Undergraduate Studies for Spanish
- schedule an advising session with Elsa to formally declare the minor
Continuing minors should contact Elsa for:
- advice on available courses
- LAS and department requirements
- study abroad equivalencies
- other questions about the major/minor
- career development related to their program of study
All incoming and continuing Spanish majors and minors must schedule an advising session.
It is recommended that students meet with Elsa once a term.
Appointments for advising are scheduled online (use the link below). Students who are in a college other than Liberal Arts and Sciences will need to email Elsa to schedule an appointment.
Advising for Teaching of Spanish
In addition to consulting with the Undergraduate Advisor for Spanish, Teaching of Spanish majors must also consult with the Teacher Education Coordinator.
The Teacher Education Coordinator also advises students in the Master of Arts in Teaching of Spanish and the MAT-License programs.
The Director of Graduate Studies for Hispanic and Italian Studies provides advising for all students in the MA and PhD programs.